OUR CURRENT THEME
This fun playful topic is a huge engagement draw card with the kids but it is also packed full of spooky monster filled learning. This theme is also perfect to show how everyone gets scared at times and to help dispel the idea that monsters or things in the dark are scary.
- There are 3 spookey fun books
- Who’s that hiding in the dark? - John Townsend - a fantastic lift the flap book where your reader has to guess who is hiding in the dark
- A Monster Alphabet, The ABC’s of Screams a monster alphabet where your reader will laugh out loud and shiver whilst learning about all of the strange and spooky creatures
- Katie and the Haunted Museum - Fran Manushkin & Tammie Lyon. a spooky sleepover at the museum.
- The individual book guides included in the parent booklet will provide an overview of these wonderful books, suggestions on how to enhance the reading experience and educational tips to extend your reader.
- Book inspired play activities and crafts:
- Monster Maze
- Help find monster candy
- The spooky word find
- Monster dice
- Monster roll and match
- Colour by math monster style
- Make your own spooky slime
- Make your own monster dice game (hands on play based craft game)
- Your reader will have lots of paining fun with the Paint with Water Witches engagement gift.
- Plus delicious monster cookies recipe to make together and a playful monster pizza lunch idea from Bernardette from @goodiegoodielunchbox