When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.
Halloween has become a time of spooky entertainment, with ghosts and monsters in every corner. This box contains a variety of spooky themed items for you and your young reader to explore together.
What is included:
- There are 2 wonderfully spooky books in your box
- Malamander, Thomas Taylor - This beautifully written book set in the seaside village of Eerie-on-Sea will have you wanting to read just one more chapter to find out what happens next.
- Really Scary Stories: The Library Claw and Other Scary Tales, Michael Dahl - Your reader will love reading these cleverly written short stories that will have you on the edge of your seat.
- Accompanying each of your books are a set of specially crafted activities designed to stimulate your readers critical thinking processes and help develop their comprehension skills. These are designed to be worked through together or independently.
There is also a set of book inspired beyond the book activities and crafts:
- A spooky madlib to ignite the storyteller within
- A Halloween coding maze to navigate
- A Halloween themed mega wordsearch
- A chewy and delicious Halloween treat recipe to try
- A fun watercolour spiderweb craft for some fine motor skills practice
- There are also three bookish gifts included in this months box: a Watercolour Monster Print, perfect to frame and display, a Handmade Halloween Lollipop Keychain by Jessica at Nateyfoofoo, to give your bag or keys a unique Halloween feel, and some fun Monster Temporary Tattoos to help get your young reader in the Halloween spirit.