The 8 titles in this set of playfully illustrated adventure books teach the eight parts of speech (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections).
Buckle in as Word Adventures, whisks you beachside with Verbs, on a scouting trip with Conjunctions, and to the heart of a bustling cityscape with Prepositions to learn how parts of speech work (and play).
The informative, yet simple text is supplemented with delightfully quirky characters who share their stories and word examples in speech bubbles.
A must have series in every young readers bookshelf!
The 8 titles in this pack include:
Verbs say go- Get up and get moving! Most VERBS love adventure, and the ones inside this book are no different.
Nouns say what's that- Hop on the Bus! It's a Trip Day to the museum with Person, Place and Thing. They're ready to show you all the NOUNS that make a museum a wonderful place to visit. The tour guides, paintings, exhibitions, sculptures, history
- Adverbs say finally- Want to know how things get done? Ask the ADVERBS! These parts of speech will tell you about swimmers who dive easily, beautifully and smoothly. Cyclists who race fiercely and tirelessly
- Adjectives say incredible- Who loves the zoo? ADJECTIVES do! And why do they love it? For all the furry, fuzzy, feathered, noisy, wet and cute things you can find there, of course
- Pronouns say you and me- The PRONOUNS aren't just enjoying their day at the sculpture park. They're loving it! He is. She is. They all are!
- Prepositions say under where- Where are the PREPOSITIONS? They're supposed to be in the parade, but they're not on time. Are they next to a pretzel stall? Sitting inside a taxi? Stuck between two skyscrapers or under a bridge?
- Conjunctions say come join us- Here come the Conjunctions! No one knows better how to hike and climb and build a campfire than they do. They work hard, but they play and have fun too.
- Interjections say hurray- Yes, Interjections make the best bakers.Why? Well, they flavour sentences with sugar (ooh!), spice (hurray!) and everything nice (fantastic!).
It's a playful, laughter-filled word adventure!
Paperback Picture Book
Size: 22.9 x 27.5 cm
Page Count: 32
Series: Includes 8 titles