'Big Emotions' Little Hands
Books help our little readers to learn about and navigate the world of emotions in powerful ways.
- ‘Mr Panda’s FEELINGS’ by Steve Antony - Your little reader will love joining Mr Panda to find out why Lemur is happy and Swan is scared. Bold and humorous illustrations, paired with simple text will have your little one engaged from the beginning. A great book for little hands to learn how to identify and express emotions.
- ‘Bear feels SAD’ by Garry Fleming - Everyone has feelings and your little reader will find out all the things that make this loveable bear sad. But also what bear does when he is sad to feel better again. Bear feels sad, is so beautifully illustrated that at times your little reader will feel as though they could reach out and touch bear.
- 'That's When I'm HAPPY' by Beth Shosham & Jacqueline East - This classic picture book tells the story of a little bear and his family and the heartwarming adventures they have together. Your little reader will love this gentle story discovering all the different things that make little bear happy with charming pictures and soothing text. The perfect book to remember it’s the simple, non-materialistic things that can make a person happy.
- Each book comes with it's own reading guide, tips, and ideas on how to extend them.
- This themes engagement gift is a beautiful emotions pillow, perfect to cuddle with whilst reading the books.
- The craft activity is a finger painting sensory play activity inspired by the story Bear Feels SAD contributed by Lycie from @the_page_diaries
- This lunchbox idea is fun biscuit faces plate idea where your children can design their own emoji cookie.
- This recipe is a delicious biscuit recipe from Bernadette @goodiegoodielunchbox.
- BONUS - make your own emotions paper plates activity (happy, sad, scared, excited)